Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hawaii Vacation Last Day

This is the view from our hotel room.  We loved waking up to this view every morning, and on the last day this beautiful rainbow showed up for us! 
We have had a crazy couple weeks.  There have been a lot of weddings in our family this summer, and it has been a lot of fun!  My brother got married in Hawaii a couple weeks ago, so we got to go out and celebrate with him!  My little girl was a flower girl and my little boy was a ring bearer, but my husband couldn't go because it was too much time off work.  Anyway, being on a Hawaiian Vacation with a three and two year old isn't so much of a vacation, but we had fun and survived :)!  My computer has been down since I got back and I have lots of pictures to share, because Hawaii was pretty much amazingly beautiful!  So this is the last day's activities and hopefully I'll get more up here on the blog.

I really wanted to see the Hawaii Temple and I'm so glad we got to, it was beautiful!  You can see my new sister-in-law, Nikki, in the left corner of the picture:).  She took us around on the last day to all the places we were dying to see.

This statue is at the top of the fountains on the way up to the temple.  I asked what the statue symbolized at the visitors center, and loved the answer!  The statue symbolized the effects a loving mother can have on generations.  The water the women in the statue is pouring goes into the fist pool, symbolizing her immediate family, then flows into the second pool, symbolizing her grandchildren, and then into the next symbolizing generations can be effect by a loving mother.  You can see a better picture of the pools in the picture below.

 More Mormon Temple pictures, this flower was one of the beautiful flowers on temple grounds.  It was such a lovely place!

 Turtle Beach was amazing and on the way up from the temple.  We stopped and got some wonderful Hawaiian food and had a picnic with the turtles :) The turtles came right up to us on shore, and they were all over the place!  My kids loved them, but were a little scared at the same time.  It was a great experience. 
 This is the world famous snow cones are made, they they tasted delicious!  The line was out the door and around the corner but worth the wait, they were super yummy!
Our last stop was the Dole Plantation, but we only had time to go in the gift shop and look around before we had to get to the airport and be on our way home.

 We would love comments too! :)

-Krystine

No comments:

Post a Comment