Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Desert Flower(Goblin Valley Utah, Utah Family Photographer)

When I was young I thought there really wasn't much to the desert here in Utah.  I thought it all, kind of, looked the same.  The truth was I wasn't looking for the beauty.  I didn't care to see the beautiful carved mountains, and vast landscapes.  



I took a geology class in high school where my teacher really opened my eyes to how amazing Utah is, it is so different from the rest of the world.  There is so much to see and do.  He taught me to see things differently(I am so thankful for amazing teachers).  I still am not the best person to see the beauty around me, and still take advantage of my surroundings.  I don't acknowledge the amazing world around me, as much as I should, but I'm working on it.  I try to point out the beauties to my children, and open their eyes to this amazing world that we live in. 

I've always heard people talk about the beauty of a desert flower, but I never really saw it.  This time on our trip to Goblin Valley, when all the kids were playing I noticed the plants we were walking around and trying to avoid and I was amazed at the beauty of these plants.  They are simple and the color didn't stand out as much against the red rocks but they are beautiful!  I wish I took more pictures of the vegetation, it is so unique and different! 

No comments:

Post a Comment