Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Olympic Park, Park City Utah




For New Years Eve this year we drove up to Park City.  My mom and sisters love shopping at the outlets up in Park City but my husband and kids do not love the shopping as much!  This year instead of only shopping in Park City we decided to go check out the Olympic Park(then go shopping:)).  We've been up to the Olympic Park in the summer but never in the winter, so this was going to be an adventure for us.   My kids loved every minute of it!  It was not crowded, which is always a plus for me!  We explored for a good 2 hours!    
One of the first things we did was watch the bobsledders go down the track.  It was a little tricky to figure out how to see them because to preserve the bobsledding track they had most of it covered,(to keep the sun and the elements off the track).  We learned that you can only see the bobsledders at the beginning of the run and at the end.  It was so fun to see the sleds go so fast!  The kids loved watching it(and the adults did too).   Watching the bobsledders was my favorite part of the whole day(that includes shopping:))!  I didn't take as many photographs as I should have:(.  I didn't bring my good camera, so I ended up taking pictures with only my phone.  It was pretty fun to play around with my phone and  try to capture the bobsledders going down the track without using burst mode one the phone camera, they were super fast.  
After, watching the bobsledders, we went through the museums in the main part of the building and took some pictures with the fun Olympic memorabilia.  We also walked down to the ski jump area because the Ukrainian ski team was suppose to practice their jumps, but the mountain wasn't ready for them so we didn't get to see any jumps :(.  I think that would have been the coolest thing but all in all it was totally worth the drive!  If you are around Park City you should stop and check it out!  Every day they are doing something new there with different teams from around the world.  
My little family loved being up there and seeing all the different Olympic sports.  That night we went home and watched "Cool Runnings."  We will defiantly go back again!  There were so many things to do for no cost!  If you are looking to spend money there are fun things for you too!  We are so lucky to have such amazing things here in Utah!  I want to go up again and have my  good camera and takes some great photos, sorry to only leave you with these two pictures, I'll do better next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment